Our latest wrap, Kale-ing Me Softly, is chock full of hummus, marinated kale, tomatoes, jalapenos, balsamic vinegar and – the star of the show – garlic, which has been used for thousands of years for culinary purposes and therapeutic benefits alike.
Thanks to its high levels of allicin, a sulfur compound similar to that found in onions, garlic is renowned for more than just curing the common cold, and has been touted throughout history by the Egyptians, Greeks, Romans and other civilizations.
Here’s just a sampling of the amazing health benefits of garlic:
• Reduced risk of lung, brain, prostate and other types of cancer
• Healing alcohol-induced liver injury
• Bacterial cleansing properties that help clear acne and other chronic skin issues
• Heart protection
• Lowers high cholesterol and blood pressure
• Fight osteoporosis and improve bone health
• Defend against Alzheimer’s Disease and dementia
Try our Kale-ing Me Softly wrap today, or check out our other menu items. Don’t forget, we now offer Doorstep Delivery – nutrition was never so easy.