We can’t tell you how our juices benefit your insides without taking a deep dive inside each tasty beverage. Let’s kick off this detoxifier deconstruction series with Green Goddess, the sweet and satisfying Kale, Apple & Pineapple juice from Raw Juicing & Detox.
Health Benefits of Kale
One of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet, kale is rich in vitamins C and K, beta carotene, plenty of minerals and much more. While the benefits of vitamin C have been extolled for years, vitamin K is a lesser known hero that’s critical for blood clotting, and just one cup of this mustard family member contains more than seven times your recommended daily amount.
• Curly Kale or Red Kale. The most common type you’ll find in the grocery store, this dark green or reddish purple variety tears easily when fresh and has peppery, bitter qualities. When not headed for the cold pressed juicer, this fibrous treat makes some fantastic kale chips and is perfect for cooked dishes where you want sauce to stick in the leaves.
• Dinosaur Kale. Yeah, yeah, we know it’s actually called Lacinto, but “dinosaur” is just so much cooler. This less-toothsome variety is way better for raw dishes and makes a mean shredded dish, particularly when paired with brussels sprouts.
Health Benefits of Apples
• Forget About Dementia & Alzheimer’s. Apples help fight the effects of aging on the brain by fighting against oxidative stress, which is responsible for degenerative neurological disorders. It’s had positive effects on mice, so let’s hope we have some similarities to those furry little cheese lovers.
• Lower Risk of Parkinsons, Cataracts, Diabetes, Cholesterol & Gallstones. Whether it’s the illustrious apple’s infusion of antioxidants or fiber respectively, all the above afflictions have proven to be alleviated by the consumption of this tasty fruit a few times a week.
• Boost Your Heart, Brain & Immune System. The same items that fight the above bad guys help boost your overall brain and body functions.
• Fight Against Cancer. Flavonol-rich apples fight pancreatic cancer, while their skins have been found to contain anti-growth properties to protect the liver, colon and breast.
Health Benefits of Pineapple
Pineapples share some of the apple’s health benefits, along with a few that are more unique:
• Strong Like Bone. Manganese is essential to healthy bones and connective tissue, and pineapples are packed with about 75% of your daily recommended value.
• Improve Digestion & Fight Inflammation. Bromelain to the rescue! This enzyme helps break down protein to keep your intestines healthy, treats osteoarthritis and helps reduce severe inflammation, which can be associated with cancer.
• That Means You, Sinuses. Once again attributed to bromelain, pineapple has been found to alleviate allergies and reduce sinus mucus in the nose and throat long term.
Get to the Juice Already, Would Ya?
Now that we’ve told you all the reasons to incorporate the ingredients of Green Goddess into your body-boosting arsenal, we should probably talk about the taste. For those of you who are afraid of kale, fear not – the sweet apples make this drink refreshing and balanced, with a crisp pineapple finish.